Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Asking

I have trouble asking for help. I had the misfortune of being labeled as "gifted" in a time when that meant "already knows some basic skills before entering first grade," and it translated, in my mind, into "should not need help with anything."

I do, however, need help. If anyone knows of a retreat house that takes in people for longer stays (preferably with scholarships or sliding fee scale), an intentional community that would welcome a guest for three months, someone with an extra room to rent, someone who needs a reliable housesitter, or any place where a woman can live inexpensively but safely and with dignity, please drop an email or leave a comment.

I'm middle-aged, animal-friendly, non-smoking, non-drinking, and allergic to artificial fragrances, tobacco, and woodsmoke. I'm quiet and need a place without a TV but enjoy the sounds of live people working or playing. One room would be enough, with or without meals. Gifts I can offer the household include cooking, chores, music, tutoring, moments of inspired goofiness, and listening. I won't be high-maintenance--will do my working-through-things outside the home.

No comments:

Post a Comment