Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Times change

I closed my earlier blog, Dancing Through Doorways, at a time when I needed to concentrate on matters closer to home. In a sense, I closed the door to the blogworld in order to tend my own home. Now I am opening a door and looking cautiously into a changed landscape.

Over the last year, I have devoted much time to healing work and much more time to the effort to save and heal a marriage that I had considered the central and most solid thing in my life. My spouse, AB, and I have been working together in couples therapy, discovering a lot we didn't know and some things we really didn't want to know. To my surprise and deep sorrow, we are now planning a temporary separation which will begin sometime in the next couple of months and last at least three months. We do not know what we will choose after that.

After more than two decades of an intense and absorbing partnership, I'm trying to remember how to dance alone. It seems like a good time to rejoin the larger dance of the blogging community.

I welcome comments (though I will moderate them). I will not discuss the problems in our relationship here or in email: the focus will be on my work, which is to live differently and reconnect to the larger world.

3 comments:

  1. ((((((Nina)))))) Hugs and prayers and support always. My marriage has had a very rough year too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed your voice, Nina. I'll be praying that you find the path that will bring you joy and peace.

    Pax,
    Doxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure 'welcome back' is the right phrase.
    I wish you strength as you walk this new road.

    FWIW
    jimB

    ReplyDelete